We commit to a process that has form and flexibility.
As an invested partner in our client’s search for world-class executives, we utilize a blend of classic talent sourcing strategies and proprietary search techniques that generate a short list of only the finest candidates.
We work closely with our clients, craft guiding documents such as the Search Strategy and Position Profile, and lay out a search timeline that is tailored to their needs. This dedication to process keeps the search focused and on track.
The first step of ASLON’s process is to understand the personal dynamics, working relationships and expectations of the new leader. Our deep understanding of our client’s business allows us to adapt the search to meet all aspects of the role and the organization.
- Interview decision makers
- Understand culture
- Articulate search strategy
- Craft Position Profile
Once the foundation is laid, ASLON begins the recruiting process by networking with leaders who are aligned with the mutually agreed upon strategy. By partnering closely with our clients, we are able to communicate their vision effectively in the marketplace as we begin high-level dialogues with candidates of interest. We also rely on personal relationships we have established with industry leaders as we seek their advice on our projects.
- Develop candidate decision matrix
- Early candidate screening
- Selective candidate progression
- Recruiting process calibrated with profile
As we narrow down the field of qualified candidates, a rigorous and selective assessment phase begins, where we determine which candidates will be presented to our clients as contenders. A series of ASLON- and client-generated criteria boldly move the project to the next phase.
- Engage in multi-faceted assessment process
- Discern intangible leadership qualities
- Maintain regular client and candidate communication
- Provide detailed, written recommendations
We view this stage as the most critical part of the process and where ASLON adds the most value. Through our deep personal relationships with both clients and candidates, we help finalists assess the opportunity. We listen carefully to the needs of all involved, navigate to common ground, and deliver the best leader for the organization.
- Coordinate client interviews
- Perform reference checks/background screens
- Monitor presence of counter offers
- Facilitate offer, acceptance and resignation
Our process does not end when the finalist walks through our client’s door. An estimated 40 percent of new leaders fail in the first 90 days without an effective on-boarding plan. We communicate closely with both our client and their new executive to assure a smooth transition.
- Coach finalist on expectations and vision
- Facilitate the on-boarding process
- Follow up regularly to assess progress and integration